Enjoy a “blast from the past” at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant at Hollywood Studios. Journey back to the nostalgic 1950’s at this “out-of-this-world” restaurant at Disney World. Relive the retro days of drive-in theaters while savoring a stellar dining experience… at perhaps the most unusual restaurant at Disney World.
Watch campy film clips as you dine under the twinkling stars in 50’s vintage automobiles. Hop into your snazzy convertible or “automo-booth” where you place your order with the car hop. Enjoy all-American fare while watching clips from the best of the worst horror films from the 50’s. Creature features include… Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster… The Blob… Teenagers from Outer Space… Invasion of the Saucer Men… Attack of the 50 Foot Woman… Cat-Women of the Moon.
Be immersed in the ambience of a twilit, starry sky with illuminated taillights of neighboring cars… and a cyclorama backdrop of old Southern California as seen over the fence. The classic cars hearken back to the days of whitewalls and tail fins and are painted in vintage colors. Just like the old drive-in theaters, there are speakers mounted on poles next to each car. Notice the 1955 license plates… they’re all from the three states with the most UFO sightings… Arizona, New Mexico and California!
The menu is pricey compared to Disney walk-up spots… yet the kitschy atmosphere is worth the price of admission. Try star-studded previews like…
- Fried Dill Pickles served with Horseradish Dipping Sauce
- Sci-Fi Wedge Salad topped with Bacon, Grape Tomatoes, Red Onions, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Balsamic Glaze & Blue Cheese Dressing
For the main attraction, enjoy…
- Drive-In BBQ Burger made with a Sci-Fi Signature Blend of Beef & BBQ Spices, served on a Brioche Bun & piled high with Bacon, Cheddar, Onion Rings, Crispy Fried Jalapeños & House-made BBQ Sauce
- Flying Saucer Impossible Burger adorned with Grilled Portobello Mushroom, Cashew Mozzarella, Garlic Tomato Aïoli, Pesto, Tomato & Lettuce
Opt for stellar desserts like…
- Warm Glazed Doughnut topped with Cinnamon Apples, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream & Caramel Sauce
- Sci-Fi Candy Bar — Cookies & Cream Mousse, Chocolate Ganache & Chocolate Sauce
Savor cosmic cocktail concoctions like…
- Orbiting Oreos — Oreo Shake with Godiva Chocolate Liqueur & Souvenir Glow Cube
- Spicy Martian Margarita — Patrón Silver Tequila, Ancho Reyes Verde Liqueur, Lime Juice & Cane Sugar
- Long Island Lunar Tea — Bacardi Superior Rum, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Cointreau, Sweet & Sour & splash of Coke
Check out the intergalactic memorabilia and souvenirs in the Sci-Fi Dining Theater lobby before you leave. Just beware… those creepy extraterrestrials could follow you out!