The Contemporary Resort at Disney World is a favorite sight for Disney fans. The monorail passes right through this hotel on its route to Magic Kingdom. Rivaling Cinderella’s Castle in height, monorail riders get an inside view of this luxury resort.
Traveling through the towering central atrium, you can’t miss the 90 foot tall eye-catching mural adorning the wall, created by the key designer of It’s a Small World. The monorail overlooks the Contempo Café offering bites and beverages, the Fantasia Market gift shop featuring Disney paraphernalia, and Chef Mickey’s “all-you-care-to-eat” character buffet. Often, Chef Mickey or one of his character friends can be seen greeting guests at the restaurant!
Disney pastry chefs cook up some incredible treats to serve in the Contemporary Resort restaurants. Here’s a dessert that is popular with hotel guests and visitors… a recipe just released by Disney. Perhaps Chef Mickey himself created this recipe — Mickey’s Granola Treats… a new and magical twist on Rice Krispie Treats.
Mickey’s Granola Treats – No Bake!
- 3 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups granola
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt marshmallows and butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add peanut butter, stirring to combine. Remove from heat. Stir in granola.
- Spoon mixture into 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Lightly press mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle top of mixture with chocolate chips, lightly pressing the chocolate chips into mixture.
- Set aside at room temperature to cool for 30 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces.
- Store treats in an airtight container at room temperature.
Chef Mickey’s Note: This recipe can easily be doubled if you like thicker treats!
Enjoy the magic of Disney’s Contemporary Resort at home with this easy recipe. Creative cooks may even want to shape these no bake treats into Mickey ears for a fun surprise. And on your next trip to Magic Kingdom, be sure to opt for the monorail instead of the ferryboat so you have a chance to travel through the impressive Contemporary Resort… and give Chef Mickey a wave!