VIEW LIVE WEB CAMS AT MONTEREY BAY AQUARIUM
Explore the wonders of the ocean on exhibit at this world renowned aquarium, featuring marine animals and habitats of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. The aquarium was founded in 1984 with the mission to inspire conservation of the ocean. Today, over 2 million visitors enjoy the Monterey Bay Aquarium each year.
Located in Cannery Row, California, the aquarium is housed in a 20,000 square foot masterfully renovated old sardine cannery. Broad windows and decks offer panoramic views of Monterey Bay. On display are over 35,000 animals in aquariums filled with 2.3 million gallons of fresh sea water filtered directly from the bay.
Ten live web cams are available to watch every day, 10:00am – 10:00pm Pacific Time at https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams
- Open Sea Cam — Aquarium’s largest tank displaying a deep sea habitat — View: green sea turtles, hammerhead sharks, pelagic stingrays, mahi-mahi and ocean sunfishes
- Kelp Forest Cam — 3-story high living kelp forest — View: leopard sharks, rockfish and giant sea bass
- Shark Cam — Monterey Bay Habitats exhibit — View: Pacific angel sharks, sevengill sharks and wolf eels
- Coral Reef Cam — Viva Baja! Life on the Edge exhibit — View: Cortez rainbow wrasse, balloonfish and coral hawkfish
- Jelly Fish Cam — View: Sea nettles
- Moon Jelly Cam — View: Glowing moon jellies
- Sea Otter Cam — View: Resident sea otters Kit & Ivy together with rescued sea otters
- Penguin Cam — View: African penguins
- Aviary Cam — Local shorebirds in a sandy marsh exhibit — View: avocets, sandpipers, plovers, buffleheads and stilts
- Monterey Bay Cam — View: Sea otters, shorebirds and sailboats on the bay
Enjoy watching these live web cams courtesy of the Monterey Bay Aquarium.