Just one year ago, Hollywood Studios at Disney World debuted their new, highly anticipated Star Wars land, Galaxy’s Edge. What better place to celebrate this 1st anniversary of the grand opening than the meeting place of all things alien, Oga’s Cantina? Star Wars history locates it on the Outer Rim planet of Batuu in Black Spire Outpost. Owned by Blutopian alien, Oga Garra, the cantina serves pilots, bounty hunters, smugglers, galactic travelers and other nefarious creatures.
“Watch your step this place can be a little rough.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi “I’m ready for anything.” — Luke Skywalker
Oga’s Cantina hearkens back to the infamous interstellar watering hole featured in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. One of the most iconic scenes from the movie, known as “The Cantina Scene”, takes place here… where miscreant aliens from across the universe come to conduct their shady business dealings over drinks and music. Here, Luke and Obi-Wan meet up with smuggler Han Solo and his co-pilot Chewbacca… contracting Solo to pilot his Millennium Falcon for their upcoming mission. The cantina’s alien “jizz” quintet plays their classic Cantina Band songs in the background.
Step inside Oga’s Cantina and you’ll be transported to a galaxy far, far away. Although not frequented by aliens, the ambience is definitely reminiscent of the Tatooine cantina from A New Hope. It’s quite an immersive atmosphere… the bar aglow… decorated with bubbling kegs of unknown concoctions… and a few odd aliens hanging around.
Entertainment is by Starspeeder 3000 droid pilot turned DJ, R-3X… the star of the show… rocking the place spinning his galactic tunes. His playlist includes original songs created just for the cantina audience plus the Cantina Band songs. You can even stream your favorites on Spotify.
Oga’s Cantina is primarily a watering hole featuring exotic libations for all ages. Menu highlights include…
- Fuzzy Tauntaun — Peach Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Cane Sugar, Orange & Tangerine Juices topped off with “Buzz Button Tingling” Foam (yes… it will make your lips tingle!)
- Jedi Mind Trick — Botanical Grapefruit & Rose Vodka, Velvet Falernum, Blue Curaçao, White Grape Juice, Lime Juice & Grapefruit Bitters
- Bespin Fizz — Superior Rum, Yuzu Purée, Pomegranate & White Cranberry Juices topped with a Cloud Swirl
- Yub Nub — Pineapple Rum, Spiced Rum, Passion Fruit & Citrus Juices served in a Souvenir Endor Mug
- Blue Bantha — Blue Milk served chilled and topped with Bantha-inspired Vanilla Butter Sugar Cookie
- Jabba Juice — A blend of Orange, Pineapple, Kiwi & Cantaloupe Juices topped with Blueberry Popping Pearls
- Black Spire Brew — Cold Brew Coffee, Honey, Falernum, Passion Fruit & Citrus Juices
- Cliff Dweller — Coconut, Citrus Juices, Hibiscus Grenadine & Ginger Ale served in a Souvenir Porg Mug
Although a bit pricey, Oga’s Cantina is a must-see experience when visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Celebrate its first anniversary with one of these unique concoctions. Who knows what alien creatures you may meet?