TRAVEL BACK IN TIME AT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Turn back the clock to the era of the 50’s… when meals revolved around family and Mom’s home cooking. 50’s Prime Time Café at Hollywood Studios… rated by Eater as “The Single Best Restaurant at Disney World”… offers throwback comfort food in a setting of yesteryear.
Step inside this nostalgic eatery and enter a 1950’s sitcom. Think… I Love Lucy… Father Knows Best… Leave It to Beaver…. or WandaVision, the new Marvel series on Disney+. Disney has paid meticulous attention to every detail in this authentic vintage restaurant. Retro abounds here… Formica tables, linoleum floors, kitschy decor. Yet the star at each table is the beloved black & white TV. TV’s were a novelty back in the 50’s and families watched TV together… especially at dinnertime. Reruns of classic sitcoms and The Mickey Mouse Club can be enjoyed during your meal at 50’s Prime Time Café.
Mom’s home cooking is the theme here… hearty comfort food that is also surprisingly tasty. A vintage menu is offered…
- Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken — Deep Fried Southern Style Chicken served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy & Seasonal Vegetables
- Cousin Megan’s Traditional Meatloaf — Savory Blend of Beef & Pork topped with Tomato Glaze served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
- Mom’s Old-Fashioned Pot Roast — “Slow Cooked ’til Fork Tender” served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Brown Gravy garnished with Carrots, Celery & Onions
- A Sampling of Mom’s Favorite Recipes — A medley of favorites… Fried Chicken, Pot Roast & Meatloaf served with “all the fixin’s”
Try one of their down-home appetizers…
- Beer Battered Onion Rings — Fried crispy & golden brown served with Horseradish Sauce
- Cousin Amy’s Iceberg Lettuce Wedge — Topped with Ranch Dressing, Bacon & Chives
- Grandpa’s Crab Cake — Lump Crab Cake with Bacon & Chili Sauce served on Succotash Salad
The restaurant’s ambience is like eating with family. Even the wait staff is in character… doling out playful teasing and admonitions to “behave“, “sit up straight” and “finish your vegetables“. If you do… you just may get to enjoy these amazing desserts…
- Dad’s Favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Cake — Chocolaty deliciousness served à la mode, topped with Whipped Cream & drizzled with Chocolate Sauce
- Mom’s Brownie — Chocolate Brownie served with a heaping scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream plus an abundance of Chocolate Sauce and Whipped Cream
- Traditional Warm Apple Crisp — Homemade goodness right from the oven served à la mode
Choose from a selection of specialty cocktails from “Dad’s Liquor Cabinet”…
- Dad’s Electric Lemonade — Dad whips up an electrifying blue drink with Vodka, Blue Curaçao, Sweet & Sour, Sprite decorated with a Glow Cube
- Mowie Wowie — Dad brought this drink back from the Pacific — Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Melon Liqueur, Peach Schnapps, Orange & Pineapple Juices
- Grandma’s Picnic Punch — Grandma concocted a wonderful drink for the family picnic — Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Crème de Cassis, Light Lemonade & Pineapple Juice
Whether the 50’s era is a walk down memory lane… or a new experience… you will be immersed in the nostalgia at 50’s Prime Time Café at Hollywood Studios. Have a blast in the past!
Hollywood Studios Must-See Spots:
- Celebrate Star Wars Land — 1st Anniversary at Oga’s Cantina
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater — A Supergalactic Dining Experience