Looking for scenic destinations for your summer journeys? Beaches have been the ever popular summer travel spots for generations. A perfect way to spend a sunny day, beaches offer fun for everyone. Take time this summer to feel the sand between your toes, wade in the warm, ocean waters, build sand castles, and just relax in the sun. We’ve made a list for you of 12 Favorite Beaches in America to visit this Summer 2020…from sea to shining sea!
- Siesta Key Beach, Florida — Voted #1 Beach in America in 2020 by Traveler’s Choice Awards, this powdery white sand beach stretches for miles, and offers gentle, Gulf Coast warm water and beautiful sunsets.
- Smathers Beach, Key West, Florida — Key West, the southernmost city in the U.S., is home to this picture perfect white sandy beach lined with coconut palms, a perfect spot for long, tranquil walks.
- St. Augustine Beach, Florida — Highlighted by its fishing and walking pier, this wide, coquina sand beach is popular with surfers. Just a short drive away is picturesque St. Augustine, the oldest city in America, founded in 1565.
- Hilton Head Island Beach, South Carolina — Hilton Head is an island getaway, with a main stretch of beach ideal for beach hiking and biking, and an array of unique shops and restaurants close by to enjoy.
- East Matunuck Beach, Rhode Island — Off the beaten path, this open ocean, Atlantic beach features low stress ambience and abundant seashells.
- Chatham Lighthouse Beach, Cape Cod, Massachusetts — This quaint seaside town beach, highlighted by its classic New England lighthouse, is especially popular for seal watching.
- Galveston Beach, Texas — Galveston Island’s 32 miles of beach, is a sunseeker’s paradise, with balmy Texas days, warm Gulf water, plus entertainment & rides on nearby Pleasure Pier.
- Sand Dollar Beach, Big Sur, California — A hidden gem nestled on the majestic Big Sur coastline, this beach is protected on windy days by the steep bluffs, and is an ideal spot for beachcombing and whale watching.
- Carmel Beach, California — Highlighted by cypress trees and deep azure blue water, this beach features stunning views toward the legendary Pebble Beach Golf Links, and is just a short walk to the charming town of Carmel-by-the-Sea.
- Cannon Beach, Oregon — The rugged, natural beauty of this beach, with its iconic Haystack Rock rising over 200 feet, offers some of the best tidepooling on the coast, and an easy walk to the artsy village of Cannon Beach.
- Wailea Beach, Maui — Often rated as one of the world’s best beaches, with a view to the islands of Molokini and Kaho’olawe offshore, this palm-fringed, golden sandy beach offers turquoise, clear water for swimming and snorkeling.
- Hanalei Bay, Kauai — The idyllic setting of this beach, with its backdrop of lush, green mountains and waterfalls, makes it a tropical paradise, and a celebrated surfing spot in the winter season.
Summer is a time to explore new places and see new sights. These 12 Favorite Beaches in America are just a few of the beautiful beaches to explore on our country’s thousands of miles of coastlines. Enjoy your summer travels, wherever they may take you.